Welcome to the Nanaimo Women’s Business Network
The Nanaimo Women’s Business Network has been providing mid-island business women with the opportunity to connect with one another since 1989.
Our goal is to offer networking opportunities, inspire, educate, motivate and empower women to be the best they can be in their business and personal lives. We host monthly dinner meetings all year long. Our meetings focus on building relationships and contacts, on sharing referrals and acknowledgments, and on offering support and encouragement. We offer a friendly, non-pressured sociable environment at all of our events.
NWBN offers a system where women can network, develop lasting relationships, learn new skills and have fun! We are a member-driven organization – bringing our members what they need and want in an upbeat and lively atmosphere.
We invite you to join us as a guest at our next meeting. Check out our Events Calendar to get all the upcoming meeting details.
UPCOMING MONTHLY NETWORKING DINNER MEETING
Date: Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 | 5:30 pm
Guest Speakers: Roop Johal from Small Business BC & Tanya Hannen from BDC
Presentation: Small Business Tools and Services offered by Small Business BC & BDC
Are you starting a new business? Do you want to grow your current business?
Small Business BC offers services and programs to assist all small business including sole proprietors. Come and learn about how you can take advantage of their many free services and affordable seminars on topics from Business Planning to Sales and Marketing, from Cash Flow Forecasting to Market Research! Small Business BC is the premier resource centre for entrepreneurs.
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that exists to help BC entrepreneurs start and grow their own businesses. Like the entrepreneurs they serve, they are a small business made up of a small and mighty team with a passion for entrepreneurship. In any given quarter, Small Business BC can serve almost two hundred and fifty thousand clients. Their presence creates a tangible, positive resource within a province that ranks first in Canada in terms of small businesses per capita.
BDC – Canada’s Bank for Entrepreneurs
Tanya Hannen has been in the finance and banking industry for over 30 years. Her wealth of experience ranges from everyday banking to helping businesses set up services internationally. Today she is dedicated to helping her business clients be more successful, transition, export, expand and grow. Tanya is pleased to be able to introduce BDC to you and let you know about their services.
Did you know:
- BDC is the only bank devoted exclusively to entrepreneurs.
- BDC is focused on helping Women Entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
- Realizing the potential to help women in business BDC announced a three year financing target of $700 million.
- In 2018 they added to this by increasing this to $1.4 billion in financing funds to help support Women.
- Women in Business can use the quick and efficient online service to get up to $100K in financing approved.
- BDC has a dedicated advisory team to help with HR, strategic planning, marketing, coaching, and financial management.
- BDC is a Crown Corporation and is 75 years old this year! That’s 75 years of being there to help Canadian entrepreneurs build and strengthen their businesses.
Small Business BC Popup – June 5th – 10am – 3pm
sponsored by BDC
We do not follow a formal structure for our popup’s, you are welcome to pop by between the popup hours and we will be happy to help.
Looking for more one on one support? We also offer FREE 15-20-minute consultations upon availability.